Monday, July 14, 2008

Get an earcut!


I finally got the old blog sorted out with the right address etc. in the wee small hours of the morning. The first post is an edited version of the original opening post from LAST OCTOBER! Deleted the other three of four old posts and resolved to try again! Me and blogging are mutually exclusive, I think, but what the hell!

Yes, here is a lovely photo of my left ear. See that finely manicured haircut around it? I went for a haircut today at my favorite Mastercuts salon - location to remain nameless . . . you will soon see why!

Young Haley - beautiful girl - sat me down for a haircut, engaged in casual chit chat etc. Then I felt a twinge on the edge of my ear - I figured she accidentally scraped it with a fingernail. However, at the sight of blood she stopped and closely examined the suspicious appendage. Thankfully she did not faint, but got a band aid and administered first aid on the spot - as you can see in the photo. While outwardly cool I cannot imagine that she was not mortified at this fateful (at least not fatal!) slip of the sissors. Poor kid was politely apologetic and continued to give me a pretty decent hair cut. It was just a nick, really.

No more blood was spilt and she made it up to me by not charging for the cut (either of them). So Haley, don't worry about it. I'm twice your age and still mkake mistakes on an hourly basis, in both personal and professional spheres, even if they don't require First Aid. Keep cutting . . . just leave the Demon Barber of Seville stuff at the movie theater! :-)))

And thanks for the free haircut!

Peace!

No comments: